It happens many times with me that I accidentally end up adding a little more salt than required in a dish hence making the dish too salty and destroying the original taste. I have been going through a lot of books, and sources to find a remedy for this problem and I am able to come up with these solutions. I will keep updating it as and when I find new methods to this problem. Hope you all also find these useful.
- If your stew or gravy is too salty, peel a potato, cut into medium size pieces and add to it. Simmer and when the potato is soft lift carefully out. The potato should have absorbed a lot of the saltiness.
- Coconut milk also helps reduce the saltiness from a dish.
- Try adding a bit of sugar or maple syrup to the dish.
- Other ways to disguise saltiness is by adding a small can of tomatoes or a little plain yoghurt, whichever is most suitable for the particular dish involved.
- Knead a little besan and make small rolls and add to the gravy. Remove them before serving. These can be re-used to make gatte ki sabji.