Breakfasts are the *most* important meals of the day and I am one among those people who can just not live without a proper breakfast every morning. Nevertheless, breakfast is most neglected and disregarded by people.
These Chocolate cupcakes/muffins are another of my favorite breakfasts. Bake them on the weekends and store in air tight plastic boxes in a single layer, so that your breakfast for atleast a week is ready for you to just pick and go, and what more, these are butter free! They keep well for around a week or so.
Recipe adapted from:Cakes – 1,001 recipes from around the world
All-Purpose flour – 2 cups
Unsweetened Cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Milk – 3/4 cup
Canola Oil – 1/2 cup
Granulated Sugar – 1 1/4 cup
Honey – 1 tbsp
Eggs – 2 large
Semi sweet chocolate chips – 1/4 cup
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Spray a 16 muffin-pan or individual muffin cups with cooking oil, or line with foil or paper cups.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
4. Beat the oil, sugar and honey in a large bowl in a food processor or using an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, until just blended after each addition. With mixer at low speed, gradually beat in the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
8. Cool the muffins on racks.