Inshallah Ramadan 2009 is not very far from now. It is only a matter of around 50 days from today, that the barakat ka maheena~Ramadhan will inshallah commence.
Food is an important part of Ramadan. The daytime in Ramadan is spent fasting, and after dawn, the fast is broken and traditional treats and memorable feasts are cooked up and served.
I announce the event ‘The Hyderabadi Ramadan Food Festival’ and invite all Hyderabadis from all around the world to join and participate in the celebrations of Ramadan, by preparing and sending me as many traditional family Hyderabadi Ramadan delicacies that you prepare in Ramadan for your family.
Above is the logo that I have created for the event. Hyderabadi bloggers who are participating can use the logo.
Each year I plan to host this event on my blog two months before Ramadan commences so that people can try and prepare the dishes in Ramadan, that you all have sent me for the event when I publish the grand Roundup of all the entries in the first week of Ramadan. (Update: This has changed. I am no longer hosting this event two months before Ramadan. From Season II onwards, I will inshallah announce this event each year just before Ramadan commences and post the round up after Eid-ul-Fitr, so that you can all send me your recipes throughout Ramadan as and when you are preparing them)
The rules of the event are as follows:
1. Both bloggers as well as non-bloggers can send me Hyderabadi special recipes of the food with pictures that you prepare in Ramadan for your family, for both Iftaar and Suhur (snacks, curries, etc).
2. There is no limit to the number of entries per person. Bloggers should link their post to this announcement page. Mail me the entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th August ’09 with following details :
- Your Name and blog/website title (if you have one)
- Recipe link (non-bloggers include the complete recipe)
- A Picture of the food (300 pixels width)
I will not accept entries once Ramadan starts. Inshallah I will post the round-up of all the recipes I have received in the first week of Ramadan 2009.
Update: The grand round-up of all the entries has been published here. Enjoy the delicacies!