Abu Qatada al-Ansari (Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) was asked about fasting on the day of ‘Arafah (9th of Dhu’l Hijjah), whereupon he said: “It expiates the sins of the preceding past year and the coming remaining year.” (Sahih Muslim)
Just like the last ten nights of Ramadaan are the best ten nights out of the whole year, the first ten days of Dhul-Hijjah are the best days of the year and the most beloved to Allah (s.w.t.) as they combine acts of worship in a way unlike any other times.
The second Muslim festival, Eid-ul-Adha is just a day away. Eid-ul-Adha falls on the 10th of Dhu’l-Hiijjah, the Youm-e-Nahr (day of sacrifice) (this year on the 17th Nov 2010). On this day, as a commemoration of Ibrāhīm’s (a.s.) willingness to sacrifice his son Ismā’īl (a.s.) for Allah (s.w.t.), an animal sacrifice is offered by Muslims all over.
With this, just like the last year, its time for me to announce the Season-II of ‘The Hyderabadi Bakr-Eid Food Festival’ on my blog, and invite everyone from all around the world to send me Hyderabadi special Bakr-Eid recipes. Inshallah I will post the round-up of all entries in the first week of January 2011.
The logo for the event is:
Feel free to use the logo.
Inshallah I plan to host this event every year on my blog during Bakr-Eid, so that people can share the recipes of the dishes they prepare using ‘Qurbani ka gosht’ which is the meat of the slaughtered animal, which is a Cow, Camel, Goat, Sheep etc. You can go through last years round up here.
The rules of the event are as follows:
1. Both bloggers as well as non-bloggers can send me Hyderabadi special recipes with pictures of the food that you prepare using ‘Qurbani ka gosht’ after the Bakr-Eid (Eid-ul-Adha). It can be a snack, curry, kawab, etc whatever you wish. You can even send me traditional desserts as well.
2. There is no limit to the number of entries per person. Bloggers should link their post to this announcement page. Mail me the entries to email@example.com before December 31 ,2010 which is the deadline with following details :
- Your Name and blog/website title (if you have one)
- Recipe link (non-bloggers include the complete recipe)
- A Picture of the food prepared (300 pixels width)
So, spread the word and start sending me your entries. Looking forward to a delicious spread inshallah.