The secret to a juicy chicken is to marinate and let it brine well. Enjoy this sweet and spicy grilled chicken along with mango salsa or a cold pasta salad on a lazy weekend afternoon.
- Chicken drumsticks/Chicken wings – 8 pieces
- Butter – 6 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 3 tbsp
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Maggi Chilli Sauce – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 3 tsp
- Crushed chili flakes – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- BBQ Sauce- for basting
- If you are planning to grill your chicken indoors in your oven, take a roasting pan with higher walls and line it on the base with aluminium foil folded twice. And if you have an outdoor gas or charcoal grill its all the more better.
- Make small slit marks on the chicken drumsticks or chicken wings, whatever you plan to prepare for the day.
- Mix all the ingredients well and coat the chicken the chicken with it. Let it refrigerate for 3 hours preferably. Let the chicken come back to room temperature again just before when you begin to grill it.
- Pour all the contents of the marinate with the chicken in the roasting pan if using an indoor grill oven, or place the individual marinated chicken on the charcoal or gas grill and begin grilling it. Remember to keep the grill temperature on low heat so that the chicken cooks properly.
- Let it grill for an hour time, until it is thoroughly cooked. Keep turning and basting the drumsticks with any of your favourite BBQ sauce.
- Griil it until it is perfectly cooked, and make sure you do not burn it. You can test if it is nicely cooked by piercing it with a fork at the thickest portion of the drumstick. Once done, Serve it hot.