This is one of my favourite salads I had got hold of sometime back. I actually found the recipe in one of the Sun-Maid recipe books and thought of sharing with you guys. There are a lot of proteins in a contrast of textures in this recipe. The raisins add a sweet, chewy accent to crisp apples, and almonds add crunch to the whole grain pasta. A hearty, all in one salad perfect for a summer lunch or dinner. Enjoy the Salad.
Raisin and Red Apple Chicken Pasta Salad
Makes: 4 servings
Whole wheat pasta – (any of your choice) 2 1/2 cups
Chicken breast – 2 cups, cooked and cubed
Raisins – 1 cup
Red Apple – 1, cored, cubed
Green Onions – 2, sliced
Mayonnaise – 1/3 cup
Honey – 2 tbsp
Dijon Mustard – 1 tbsp
Almonds – silvered and toasted, 1/4 cup
- Cook pasta as directed on box, drain and rince with cold water.
- Combine cooked pasta, chicken, raisins, apple and onions in a large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, honey, and mustard in a small bowl.
- Add to pasta and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate 1 hour or unto overnight to bleand flavours.
- Top with almonds just before serving.