Every year on my blog, inshallah I plan to host two events revolving around the only two Eids (festivals) that are celebrated by Muslims all over the world. Eid-ul-Fitr, is the first Muslim festival that marks the end of the holy month of Ramadan. It is the ninth Islamic Arabic month, according to the lunar calender. Every Muslim fasts during this whole month. It is also the month when Quran, the Holy book of Mulims, was sent down from heaven. The daytime in Ramadan is spent fasting, and after dawn, the fast is broken and traditional treats and memorable feasts are cooked up and served. To read more about Ramadan, click here.
The Hyderabadi Ramadan Food Festival:
To showcase the typical dishes that are usually prepared by Hyderabadis during the auspicious month of Ramadan, inshallah this event will be announced/held every year on my blog during the whole month of Ramadan, so that you can send me the recipes along with pictures of the dishes that are preparing for Iftaar as well as Suhoor.
The logo for the event is as follows:
The rules of the event are listed below:
1. Prepare traditional Hyderabadi recipes that are savored during Ramadan at both Iftaar and Suhur (snacks, curries, desserts, etc), and also at the day of Eid-ul-Fitr.
2. There is no limit to the number of entries per person. You can even update old posts on your blog with a link to this announcement page in order send me your entries. Please provide a link to this announcement in your post and feel free to use the logo.
3. Send me your entries at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Your name
- Your blog name/title
- Name of the entry
- URL of your post
- A photo that is 300 pixels wide
4. If you don’t have a blog, you can still participate by emailing me the recipe, along with the other details mentioned above.
The roundup with all the recipes that you all sent me will be posted right after the Eid-ul-Fitr inshallah. Below is the list of roundups with all the contributed guest recipes:
~ Announcing The Hyderabadi Ramadan Food Festival 2009 – Season I
~ The Hyderabadi Ramadan Food Festival Roundup – Season I
~ Announcing The Hyderabadi Ramadan Food Festival 2010 – Season II
~ The Hyderabadi Ramadan Food Festival Roundup – Season II
~ Announcing The Hyderabadi Ramadan Food Festival 2011 – Season III
~ The Hyderabadi Ramadan Food Festival Roundup – Season III
~ Announcing The Hyderabadi Ramadan Food Festival 2011 – Season IV
~ The Hyderabadi Ramadan Food Festival Roundup – Season IV
Lets celebrate Ramadan and share the traditional Hyderabadi delicacies with the world. I would love to hear from you.