A warm welcome to everyone on my blog!
This is my first post, and I start this blog attempting to make an insight into the method of home-style cooking in the Hyderabadi households for the whole world, and to make friends in the blogging world, which I loved since I had started to read recipe blogs of different people, who share interests like me, love to cook food and discover new ways of cooking food.
Chicken croquettes are loved by everyone, and is a hit with children and adults too. This recipe is an appetizer specifically, but you can have it anytime, as you want. Its an easy recipe that gets prepared in a jiffy and it tastes like melted cheese once you bite into it. Serve these hot as soon as you prepare them as they do not taste very good when cold. Enjoy them along with any of your favourite sauces. You will definitely love them.
Shredded cooked Chicken – 1 cup
All-Purpose flour/Maida – 4 tbsp
Butter – 1 tbsp
Milk – 1/2 cup
Egg – 1
Bread crumbs – 1/2 cup
1. If you have any left over chicken, shred it and you can use it, or u can take some boneless chicken and fry it in oil, salt, red chilli and little water to make it soft. Once the chicken is soft, shred it, not too finely.
2. Now take a non-stick pan, melt butter, add maida and brown it well enough, but not too much. Add milk to it, and stir it so tat it forms a good paste, add more milk if it requires, let it not form onto lumps. Let it cool down a little bit. Once it is cool, add the shredded chicken and mix well. Keep this mixture in the refridgerator for 15-30 minutes, so that it hardens a bit.
3. Later, remove it from the fridge and make balls (croquette shaped)
4. Beat an egg in a cup.
5. In an another plate keep the bread crumbs.
6. Dip the balls into egg first, then in the bread crumbs, till it is properly covered, pat and remove the crumbs from the balls if excessively covered.
7. Deep fry the balls till nicely golden brown in colour Serve hot.