Pasta and left overs go well with each other. Especially when we homecooks, dont feel like being in the kitchen for longer times. I had many left over cut vegetables and some chicken in the refrigerator, so I thought of preparing a simple one dish meal adding pasta to it.
Spiral Veg-Chicken Pasta
You can enjoy this it at lunch, dinner or even at breakfast. You can even pack it in a lunch box and have this healthy and filling meal for lunch. Here goes the recipe:
Spiral Veg-Chicken Pasta
Serves : 3
- Canola Oil – 2 tbsp
- Chicken breast pieces – 250 gms, cut into 1 or 1 1/2 cm cubes
- Yellow Onion – 1 cup, finely chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Baby Carrots – 3/4 cup, sliced thinly
- Green capsicum – 3/4 cup, chopped
- Red capsicum – 3/4 cup
- Cabbage – 3/4 cup
- Tomato Paste – 1 tbsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Maggi Chicken Bouillon-Halal -2 cubes
- Dry roasted Coriander seed powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro – for garnish
- Spiral pasta – 250 gms
To Prepare the Pasta Sauce-
- In a pan on medium heat, pour oil and put the cut chicken pieces. Stir fry it for 5 minutes.
- Now add the chopped onion. Fry it till it is translucent in colour. Then add ginger garlic paste and stir it well for 2 minutes or so.
- Add all the cup vegetables and sprinkle a little bit of salt over it, maybe a big pinch, just to enhance the colour of the veggies. Stir fry the contents in the pan for about 5-7 minutes. Then add the tomato paste, water and the cubed chicken stock. Break the cube once it softens up and mix well.
- Cover the pan so the the chicken and vegetables soften up and absorb the flavours. The pasta sauce is ready.
To prepare the Pasta Dish-
- Prepare the Spiral pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- When you drain the pasta once it is done, reserve a cup of water and drain off all the remaining pasta water.
- In a bowl at medium heat, pour the earlier prepared pasta sauce, the reserved cup of pasta water, and the drained pasta.
- Mix well to coat the pasta with the sauce. Cover and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander powder and garnish with fresh coriander/cilantro leaves and serve hot.
This recipe goes to Ruth hosting Presto Pasta Nights every friday, with the theme as to send her pasta recipes every week. I really liked her theme and the idea because, i cook pasta every weekend, and i look forward to try out different and new recipes of pasta dishes everytime. Her blog will surely help me 🙂 Thanks Ruth !
Interesting Read: Do you know your pasta shapes?