Have you been asked to list food items that begin with C? This article we’ve put together a list of foods beginning with C.
We’ve also categorize them into various categories in order to make their identification much simpler.
Popular Foods Start With C
You may be familiar with certain of the foods listed from this list of well-known foods starting with C:
- Caraway: Caraway also referred to as meridian fennel or Persian cumin is a biennial flowering plant belonging to the family of Apiaceae that is native to the west of Asia, Europe, and North Africa.
- Cassava: Manihotesculenta often referred to as manioc, Cassava or yuca, is a slender woody plant belonging to Euphorbiaceae which is a spurge family that is native to South America.
- Casserole: Casserol is a cooking tool that can be that cooks tough meats like poultry and vegetables with seasonings and vegetables on fire.
- Catfish: The catfish is a species of fish that belongs to the corvina yellow. They are primarily found in the riverbed that is dark and they find food by spotting the riverbed, with tentacles that grow within their mouths.
- Cauliflower: The cauliflower, also known as green cabbage, is among many vegetables belonging to the Brasica Oleacea species. It’s also known as hwachaeor hwachae and the hwakwonsimchae.
- Chamomile: Chamomile is a reference to german Chamomile, chamomile and so on. They are part of the Chrysanthemum family.
- Cherry pie
- Chives: Chives is a perennial species of the family of Chive that is native in Asia, Europe, and North America.
- Coriander: The mung beetle, also known as a cilantr an annual plant that is part of the family of water parsley. The plant is indigenous to Eastern Europe.
- Corn flour: Cornstarch is starch powder that is processed from corn.
- Courgette: Zucchini squash is an type of vegetable that belongs to the gourd tree, similar to other types of pumpkins. Zucchini can be described as green, yellow, and light-green.
- Custard: Custard is a dessert created by mixing eggs, sugar, milk and spices, then heating the mixture. In addition to eggs flour gelatin, starch powder and others. are used to thicken the mixture, as well as lemon, vanilla, and also prepared with spices.
Fruits Foods Start With C
A lot of fruits we eat are written using the letters C as the initial letter. Here are some examples:
- Cactus pear: The Genus Cactus is one of the genus belonging to Cacti. It is widespread throughout the Americas.
- Cashew: Cashew is one of the trees in the family of Lacqueridae.The English name comes of its Portuguese name kaju that refers to its fruit, the Cashew tree which comes from the indigenous two-peer Akayu.
- Cherimoya: Cherimoya is an edible fruit species belonging to the Genus Anona within the family of Poppoidae. It is believed to be as native to Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, and Chile and has expanded into in the Andes as well as Central America through cultivation.
- Chico fruit: Sapodilla is a tree of fruit belonging to the Sapoteidae family. The fruit is called sapote. It’s and is also known as of chico, small sapote Chicle, nispero, sapote and the naceberry. Its origins are located situated in North as well as Central America, including Guatemala, Nicaragua, Mexico, and Belize.
- Cranberry: The subgenus that is part of Tangerine is actually a subgenus within the Genus Sanendo.The fruit belonging to the Genus Cranberry is generally referred to as Cranberry within Europe in Europe and American Cranberry in North America.
African Foods Beginning With C
African food items are traditional of the African continent, and are usually particular to specific regions on the continent. This list contains African food items that are spelled using the letter C:
- Cachupa: Cachupa is a popular dish from Cabo Verde island within West Africa. It is a stew that is cooked slow with beans, corn and sweet potatoes, cassava and meat or fish, and is typically morsella.
- Calulu: Calulu is a popular stew that is consumed by the people of Angola and in Stuo Thomas Principe. It is prepared by boiling Jimboa and spinach as well as sweet potato, along with tomatoes, okra, onions and red palm oil and so on. Furthermore, ingredients like eggplant can be added and salamander, fish or dried meat are utilized as protein sources.
- Chakchouka: Chakchouka is an appetizer made made of eggs cooked in sauce that is made from tomatoes, peppers and onions. It also has a flavor that is enhanced by cumin. It is believed that it been created in Tunisia.
- Chermoula: Chermoula , or charmoula, is a seasoning and marinade that is used to season Algerian, Libyan, Moroccan and Tunisian food preparation. It is typically used to enhance the flavor of seafood and fish however, it can be used to flavor other meats as well as vegetables.
- Cocada Amarela: Cocada Amarela is a classic Angolan dessert that is made from egg yolks and coconut. It is unique in its yellow hue due to the abundance of eggs. Cocada Amarella is the name given to it.
- Couscous: Couscous is a type of food that is that is made by steaming semolina, a hard wheat, such as durum. It is consumed as a main food item throughout the Maghreb region of North Africa, and steamed in areas such as Libya and Tunisia like meat vegetables, carrots, and potatoes.
Caribbean Foods Start With C
Caribbean food is a cuisine that is indigenous of Caribbean cuisine is a staple of Caribbean Islands along with its coastal regions. A variety of Caribbean dishes start by the letters C and here are a few of them:
- Callaloo: Callaloo also known as calou is a Caribbean vegetable dish that is popular in the Caribbean. It is made from vegetables like taro, American taro and the bilirum.
- Ceviche: Ceviche is raw fish salad that is consumed in Peru as well as in other Latin American regions. Ceviche is a meal that is consumed after marinating seafood or fish thinly as sashimi. It is made with lime juice, lemon juice, juice and coriander.
- Chapea: Chapea is a type of bean stew. It is a popular dish in the rural Dominican Republic. The primary ingredient is kidney beans, white beans, longanija, rice and hardy. Other ingredients like meats, vegetables and mashed pumpkins are utilized to help concentrate. The flavor is distinguished by the presence of herbs as well as cilantro and citrus juice that is sour.
- Coco Bread: Coco bread is consumed in Jamaica as well as other regions of Caribbean.It is made with coconut milk which is sweet and a bit sweet. It is usually cut in half, and then packed with Jamaican patties in sandwiches the same manner as pastry bars.
- Cucurucho: Cucurucho is a dish that is popular in the local cuisine from the town of Baracoa in the eastern part of Cuba. In palm leaves that are conical It is a blend of sugar, coconut along with other ingredients like pineapple, guava, and oranges.
Continental Foods Start With C
When we say Continental cuisine we refer to foods that are native to certain regions of Europe. Here are a few European dishes that begin with C:
- Caldeirada: Caldeirada, an Portuguese and Galician fish stew that is made up of different types of fish and potatoes as well as other ingredients. It is a great way to catch it, you must catch it. “Caldeirada is similar to other kinds of fish stews like French Bouillaves, Greek cacabia, Spanish Zarzuela as well as Italian cacciuco.
- Cannoli: Cannoli is a dessert that is found in Sicily. In Sicily it’s called canolu, which is a smaller coffin. The word can be described as Latin to mean “canna”, or reed. Tubular bread is cooked and then used to make dough and then the filling is filled with sugar or cream and usually with the cheese ricotta.
- Carac: Carac is an ice-cream-like Swiss dessert pastry made from ingredients like chocolate cream, pongdang, cream and short bread crust typically located within France, Switzerland.
- Cassoulet: Cassoulet is an French stew made of red kidney beans, sausages goose meat, and duck meat. It is a traditional dish from Oxitania as well as Languedoc. The dish’s name is derived from the cassol, which is a vessel for the dish.
- Chorizo: Chorizo also known as chouriço is a term that refers to a variety of pork sausages, which originate in the Iberian Peninsula. Chorizo is wrapped traditionally using natural wrapping papers made of the intestines of animals, a practice that has been used for centuries. Roman times.
- Cioppino: Cioppino is a type of fish stew that was developed at San Francisco, California. Italian American cuisine, and is it is accompanied by a variety of local fish soups as well as Italian simmering stews.
- Crepe: Crepe is a type of thinly baked pancake, one of the most famous French dishes, mostly made of flour. Crepe is derived in the French word meaning “round” in Latin. Crepe is extremely well-known in France and is also popular in other countries around the globe.
- Croissants: It is flaky pastry that is packed with butter. The name is derived from the shape of an crescent moon. Crescent is also known in the form of crescent rolls bread. Croissants are made with fermented puff pastry.
Indian Foods Start With C
Indian cuisine encompasses a broad variety of dishes that are native to India. The Indian food items are typically spiced and are seasoned with many flavours. Here are a few Indian food items that start with C:
- Chakli: Chakli is a delectable snack that comes from India. It is a spiral-shaped snack that has spikes that are visible on the surface. Chakli is typically made of rice flour Bengal grams as well as black grams. There are a variety of variations based on the kind and amount of the flour that is used.
- Chapati: Chapati is a form of bread that is made flat throughout South Asia, including India, Nepal, and Pakistan. Chapati is a very popular bread throughout South Asia, and can also be found in the horns of Central Asia and Africa.
- Chicken tikka masala: Chicken Tika masala is a dish that is popular in the UK. Marinate the chicken in sauce, then cut the chicken, grill it in tandur and then cook it up in a creamy sauce made of tomatoes and cream.
- Crisp papadum: Papadam is flat, round crisp Indian or Pakistani flaky bread.The grilling of Urad beans are utilized in the dough that is used to make papadam. Other ingredients like lentils Bengal beans, rice as well as potatoes, are utilized.
Mexican Foods Beginning With C
Mexican food refers to the cuisines of many Latin American countries. These Mexican dishes are spicy and delicious. Here are a few Mexican dishes that begin with C:
- Cabrito: Cabrito is a lamb-based dish. The cabrito dishes from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico and Saltillo Coauilla, are well-known.
- Carnitas: Carnitas which literally means “little meat,” is an Mexican dish that is a native of Michoacan. Carnitas are prepared by boiling or simmering the pork in oil or using lard to cook until it is soft.
- Chicken Quesadillas: These wraps, half moon-style, are great to serve as a snack or mini-meal. The most appealing aspect is that there’s plenty of space for imagination with regards to fillings.
- Chilli Con Carne: Chili corn carne can be described as a spicy dish that is cooked with ground beef , kidney beans, chili powder.It’s also known as chili, which is short for.
- Cochinito de Piloncillo: Cochinitos de Pyloncillo also called maranitos, puerquitos and cochinitos is a common Mexican sweet bread that is made of “pilonsil,” a kind of sweetener that is made from sugar cane.
Oriental Foods Start With C
This list contains Asian dishes that originate from that region. Far East region. These are foods that belong to the cuisine of the oriental and are often offered in numerous Asian restaurants. Here are some Asian dishes beginning with C:
- Chahan: Chahan is sometimes referred to as English-translated yaki mesh is an Japanese Fried Rice dish which makes use of rice as its primary ingredient. It is also seasoned with a variety of different components and spices.
- Champon: Champon is an Japanese noodles dish that is based on pork, vegetables and fish It is well-known as a regional dish from Nagasaki. This dish is also known as Nagasaki Jjamppong.
- Char Siu: Chashu, chashu, the chaso and chasao is a Cantonese foods that come cooked with pork chunks, then grilled on barbecue. Sirloin , butt meat and ribs are typically utilized as components. They influenced some of the Cantonese dishes Siumai.
- Chow Mein: Chow mein is an Chinese cooked noodle that has vegetables, and occasionally tofu or meat. Since the beginning of time, Chaomian variations have been created in various parts of China. There are a variety of methods to fry noodles and you can choose from many toppings.
- Congee: Congee or conjee is kind of porridge porridge consumed throughout Asian countries. It is usually served with side dishes and is served with regular rice porridge. If you add ingredients such as fish, meat, or spices to make the porridge, it’s an entire complete meal, ideal for people who are sick.
Mediterranean Foods Start With C
Mediterranean cuisines are foods from countries around the Mediterranean Sea. These foods include dishes from some European countries, North African countries, and Middle Eastern countries. Here are some Mediterranean foods that start with the letter C:
- Cashews: Cashew is a species of tree that belongs to the family of Lacqueridae.The English name comes of its Portuguese name kaju which is the cashew’s fruit which comes from the indigenous two-peer Akayu. Originating from northern Brazil and is widespread in tropical climates, which are ideal for both cashews and cashews.
- Cezerye: Cezerye is a classic Turkish dessert that includes the caramelized coconuts hazelnuts and walnuts that have been baked or anti-gelatin made of Pistachios. Cut into rectangular pieces that are matchbox-sized and served at occasions when you want to celebrate.
- ChichTaouk: ChichTaouk is a chicken kebab from Turkey and the Levant region.
- Chickpea: Chick beans are one of the plants that belongs to the bean family and are sometimes referred to Egyptian beans. The appearance of the seeds is similar to the head of the chick. the flavor is chestnut-y and contains a lot of protein. It is a common plant within areas of the Middle East, and it is a good choice for dry climates.
If you have any other food items that begin with C that aren’t listed included in our list? Please leave us a message so that we can add them to our list?